Work from Office
- Reference Data & Analytics is part of the Benchmarks & Indices Operations. The Reference Data & Analytics is a client focused, technology enabled team, producing High value & unique analytics & data derivations to drive insight and value to our internal and external stakeholders. Reference Data & Analytics is responsible for creating LSEG Intellectual Property by generating ICB Classifications, Free Float and similar data fields based on data standardization from raw data.
This is an Office based role in Bangalore, India. We are looking to recruit for an Analyst Position in our Reference Data & Analytics Team. Analysts will manage a wide range of data & information on a universe of companies, while ensuring best quality and accuracy in all of our products.
Reference Data & Analytics directly influences strategy and development affecting a whole sub- Business Unit, function or major product. We are looking for individuals with very high attention to detail and who can work under strict delivery timelines. Besides data management you are expected to become a subject matter expert on capital markets and their operations, and information on companies and securities. In this role, Analyst will conduct detailed, comprehensive searches and create in-depth analysis on assigned research projects. Research and extract data from all applicable sources, ensure accuracy and quality of findings by complying with policies and applicable laws. Develop appropriate search queries to maximize research results. Provides regular communication and feedback to Client as well as regular status updates on research projects to Manager. Analysts are responsible for effectively managing workload within defined deadlines.
It is expected that with limited supervision the individual will deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above, working to strict deadlines and to the highest degree of accuracy. It is therefore expected that the individual will have and work towards:
- Provide guidance or specialized services that directly support or affect results within one functional area
- Use subject matter expertise to Analyze, Extract, Standardize & Maintain quantitative and qualitative data from multiple information sources including annual reports, websites, and other filings of public and private companies to a high degree of quality following defined policies and business rules
- Perform Quality Control and provide specific feedback to improve quality over time. Report on results to managers, including root cause and actions plans for improvement
- Work within area and uses professional procedures and practices to achieve objectives
- Have strong subject matter expertise on how data is used by stakeholders and clients and ensure that internal processes align to deliver customer satisfaction
- Identify and suggest ideas for reducing effort spent on data management and analysis by using automation or by process optimization, work with senior team members on implementation and testing
- Contribute towards developing and maintaining methodology guidance, & quality rules and documentation
- Work effectively with peers, research analysts, and manager – both within the team as well as other teams in multiple time zones
- Identify and solve complex issues using existing policies and procedures, work with senior team members on proposed policies and procedures changes.
- Resolve and answer client questions in an accurate and timely manner, by collaboration with Customer Engagement, Product and Technology as required
- Understand, interpret and set personal priorities for reaching goals
- Use general professional or specialized knowledge to solve routine problems
- Provide timely and accurate end-of-day evaluations.
- Work on significant and unique issues requiring analysis and evaluation of the situation
- Own key processes end to end, and develop and maintain methodology guidance, & quality rules and documentation
- Adapt to changes to technology, process, systems as we transform our business
- - Conducts data analysis, creates models, builds reports on assigned research projects
- - Researches and extracts data from all applicable sources, participates in cleaning and quality control as needed
- - Builds proficiency in computer coding when required, capable of creating programming applications to solve data and modelling problems
- - Executes technical projects in an independent way
- - Provides regular status updates on research projects to managers
- - Manages workload effectively within defined deadlines and budgets.
- Qualifications, key behaviors, and skills required to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional and relevant experience
- Experience with key financial and referential equity datasets, specifically entity masters, pricing, classifications. A deep knowledge of index usage is key to success.
- Strong technology literacy, including advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite of products (Advanced Excel skills), intermediate understanding of database querying language (SQL).
- Through SQL analysis, provide simplified and value-driven analysis of the data to the Research and Product teams for diverse sets of internal and external data content feeds.
- Delivery focused with a good understanding of typical project cycles and reporting.
- Ability to meet strict weekly timeliness and quality standards established by the department
- Ability to multi-task and be results driven
- Enthusiastic and responsive to change
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Logical and structured approach
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills as well as English Language skills
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable with flexible hours
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently with high degree of ownership
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates a significant degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
- Key Accountabilities:
- Performs data investigation on diagnostic, descriptive, and statistical output during the course of research projects
- Participates in the development of new business proposals and assists on other on-going project work as needed.
- Helps train, develop and oversee more junior analysts
- Leverages specific market / language skills to deliver on customer / business requirements, adhering to the quality metrics set
- Leads and supports in the resolution of client cases by fixing the data integrity, missing data and other similar issues
- Processes data in an accurate and timely manner using the knowledge of the tools and financial markets or compliance industry
- Uses the approved sources to identify the data, convert / add value to the data or use the data as is defined in the collection policy
- Collaborates with internal teams and external teams to support sourcing and collection of data
- Supports specific complex projects assigned and meets or exceeds the KPIs defined
- Reports process improvement ideas to improve efficiency and customer experience.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants and employees religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.