Work from Office
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom. At EY, we dont just focus on who you are now, but who you can become. We believe that it’s your career and ‘It’s yours to build’ which means potential here is limitless and well provide you with motivating and fulfilling experiences throughout your career to help you on the path to becoming your best professional self.
The opportunity : Director-GOV-SaT-SaT - TCF - Lead Advisory-Project Finance - Mumbai
Our Global Government & Public Sector (GPS) is a network of highly skilled professionals bestowed to serving our clients by bringing best-in-class international experience and insight combined with local knowledge to solve the most critical problems facing governments today. We actively focus on building solutions that help public sector entities face the challenges of the future and reinvent themselves.
We have a proud record of helping governments meet their challenges head-on, and we work closely with them to build a world that works better for all citizens.
SaT - TCF - Lead Advisory-Project Finance :
Strategy and Transactions enables clients to reimagine ecosystems, reshape portfolios and reinvent for a better future. Using our Capital Agenda framework, we work with clients to find answers to today’s toughest strategic, financial, operational and commercial questions. We help corporates, private equity, governments, sovereign wealth funds, private and family businesses, and educational institutions with their key financial issues. From portfolio review and capital allocation processes to financial planning analytics and decision support, we have the people, analytics and tools to better allocate capital. Our team helps clients manage their risk/return trade-offs to support them with better decision-making around financing and capital efficiency.
Whether clients are preserving, optimizing, raising or investing, our Connected Capital Solutions (CCS) are our five go-to-market offerings that help drive competitive advantage and increased returns through improved decision-making. The CCS include Strategy, Corporate Finance, Buy and Integrate, Sell and Separate and Reshaping Results, and are underpinned by our Connected Capital Technologies.
Our key focus areas are - Investment Banking Advisory, Valuations, Modeling and Economics, Transaction Diligence, Restructuring and Turnaround Services, Project Finance and infrastructure, EY Parthenon - Strategy and EY Parthenon - Execution.
Your key responsibilities
- Building relationships with key corporate groups, lenders and financial sponsors, ARC’s, legal advisors and other participants in the stressed assets space
- Analyzing the financial and operational positioning of stressed corporates to proactively generate leads for opportunities
- Building a healthy pipeline of opportunities and mandates in the specific areas related to, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, debt restructuring across various sectors especially those witnessing high levels of stressed assets (infrastructure, metals, real estate, telecom, highways etc.)
- Coordinating pitch presentations to obtain new mandates from lenders and investors
- Lead execution of transactions including day to day management and Project management and monitoring a team of [Managers] and Associates
- Business Modeling and Plan Development and an ability to analyze and envisage new / key sector trends
- Financial Modeling and Analysis – developing materials including Information, Memorandum, financial model, presentations, resolution plans including preparation of rectification/restructuring/SDR package-based business plans.
- Coordinating and managing due diligence process in a transaction
- Work with legal advisor for finalization of transaction documentation including term sheets (non-binding / binding) and definitive transaction agreements
- Keep abreast of new developments in the profession, the business, the industry and the regulatory environment, including Insolvency regulation and developments in the restructuring space
- Credit monitoring of clients, review of operational and financial performance, cash flows, etc. to proactively suggest strategic options including JV / partnerships, acquisitions or divestitures
- Synergizing with lenders, restructuring agencies, auditors, LIEs, valuation agencies
- Coordinating and managing the financial, tax, commercial and operational due
diligence process in a transaction
- Provide inputs for group business plan and future direction of the practice
- Evaluate economic and legal risks to the Firm arising out of engagements, consult
and adopt suitable risk management practices
- Keep abreast of new developments in the profession, the business, the industry and
the regulatory environment
Skills and attributes
To qualify for the role you must have
MBA from a premier institute (Tier-I Indian B-school) with experience in transaction advisory, commercial due diligence, and strategy verticals will be preferred
- 10+ years of relevant post-qualification experience
- Preferred - Investment Banks, M&A teams of large Banks, NBFCs or Insurance companies and have successfully closed deals, Private Equity / Venture Capital firms
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative manner to provide services across multiple client departments while following the commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions. We look for people who are agile, curious, mindful and able to sustain postivie energy, while being adaptable and creative in their approach.
What we offer
With more than 200,000 clients, 300,000 people globally and 33,000 people in India, EY has become the strongest brand and the most attractive employer in our field, with market-leading growth over compete. Our people work side-by-side with market-leading entrepreneurs, game- changers, disruptors and visionaries. As an organisation, we are investing more time, technology and money, than ever before in skills and learning for our people. At EY, you will have a personalized Career Journey and also the chance to tap into the resources of our career frameworks to better know about your roles, skills and opportunities.
EY is equally committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people - enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing our people to build their career as well as focus on their wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.