Work from Office
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Finance & Admin Assistant.
The position will be based at Jabalpur.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Maintain day to day accounts of the organization
- Maintain the vouchers and related documents like records for cash, receipts and payments.
- To issue the sale invoice to the customers.
- Timely updating of accounting records i.e. Bank accounting, processing journal entries, GL farm account reconciliations
- Ensure timely payment to vendors, staff advances and claims
- Maintain book of accounts in accounting software
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring full compliance with regard to IT Act, PF, GST, labour Act etc
- Timely closing of farm books and submission of closing documents to HQ
- Execute month-end checklist and controls
- Timely submission of monthly deliverables to the Core finance team
- Guide farm staff members for the procedures to be adhered as per the finance policy
- Handling and updation of monthly cash book.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance
- Manage internal and external audits. Ensure implementation of audit recommendations at farms
- Laisoning with local bank & other authorities
- Raising Funds Request to Delhi office
- To review the asset register prepared by the operational assistant with the books of account on monthly basis.
- Monthly review of logbooks for vehicles
- Monthly review of the reconciliations prepared by the operational assistant.
- To review the quotes and comparative statements prepared by the Operational Assistant before sending the same to HQ for issuance of Purchase Order.
- To review the Labour records/ other supporting documents verified by the Operational Assistant before sending the same to HQ for processing the payments
- Prepare the Consumables valuations
- Maintaining and providing leave records to HR, assist in on boarding and Off boarding of employees at site office
- Prepare the Crops in field valuations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with 3 years of experience on NGO accounting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and sound communication skills to effectively communicate within and outside the organization to collect and consolidate relevant financial data.
- Knowledge on the general financial policies, procedures, vendor management, compliances
- Well versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages and other related ERP software packages
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Knowledge of Income Tax and other compliance is added advantage
- Ability to work independently, has a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work for extended working hours based to meet timelines.
- High-level of integrity and professional conduct
- Must exhibit competencies like teamwork, communication, client orientation, critical thinking
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates must submit the applications via online form available here no later than Thursday, August 3, 2023 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.