Work from Office
MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS.
BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
We are looking for a talented, analytical, and energetic Finance Associate to join our team in New Delhi. The position entails significant responsibility with professional challenges and excellent prospects for personal growth and development. Our new team members will be based out of New Delhi and help support Dalberg Media’s ongoing business and international growth.
ABOUT DALBERG MEDIA
Dalberg Media is a mission-driven communications and experience consultancy, which seeks to empower and mobilize people to solve global development challenges by collective, sustained action. We design and deliver communication products to build awareness and push agendas. We invent and execute action-oriented experiences, such as global convenings, innovation labs and campaigns to equip people with the skills needed for developing impactful solutions. Through content creation, publications, and social media, we disseminate compelling stories to fuel positive change.
We are doers and creators working in close cooperation with a global network of partners and organizations, including United Nation agencies, international foundations, large corporations, governments, NGOs and financial institutions. We are a culturally attuned organization with a passion for diversity, changing narratives, and overcoming stereotypes.
Dalberg Media is part of Dalberg Group – we are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research, and a not-for-profit, Dalberg Catalyst, our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com
DO YOU BREAK THE MOULD?
As a Finance Associate, you will become part of our Operations Team, which is responsible for administrative and operational tasks, and acts as the backbone for our international teams of consultants. You will become an integral part of our finance team, tasked with financial management, bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities. Your role will involve continuous monitoring of income and expenses, supporting the preparation of audits and generally contributing to the financial operation of a number of complex financial structures. Thus, the position requires that you have a strong ability to keep an overview and a sharp eye for detail.
You will report directly to our Chief Finance Officer but will also work hand in hand with our project management teams and our companys leadership. This offers you the opportunity to take on great responsibility and manage work streams independently. Therefore, we expect you to bring a high level of motivation and enthusiasm to the role and be able to work independently on a number of tasks. We highly value candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter attitude.
This is a full-time position with an ideal start date of 1st September 2023. The position is based out of New Delhi and a hybrid working model will be offered – work from home and in the New Delhi office. The salary will be determined based on your qualifications and experience.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up payments in the bank
- Controlling of P/L and balance sheet items
- Payroll management
- Annual reporting with audit preparation
- Month-end close and reporting for use in budget and cash management
- Process optimization
- Compliance (GST and TDS)
- Ad hoc administrative tasks, e.g. service contract management
- Contribute to the development of the internal control environment
- Administrative assistance for our entity in India
- Besides Dalberg Media, do the books and manage payments for:
- Dalberg Media Publishing
- Dalberg Copenhagen
- Dalberg Group
- Dalberg Consulting Office
- Dalberg Trust
- Several holding companies
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with and a passionate approach to financial controlling, bookkeeping and accounting
- Previous experience as an accountant or financial associate / controller
- An eye for detail and a good understanding of numbers
- Experience working with accounting software as well as payroll systems. Ideally, e-conomic
- Solid experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to independently manage your time and deliver high-quality work
- Flexibility to work across different time-zones (we have teams in India, Kenya, Denmark, and other locations)
- Comfortable working in an international environment
- English skills at a professional level
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, background, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
Our current opportunity is in New Delhi.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59PM EST on 31 July 2023.
Please, note, interviews are conducted continuously, and the recruitment process will conclude once the right candidate is identified.
To be considered for the position, your application MUST include:
- Cover letter
- University Degree/Certification documents
- Completed Accounting Assignment found here: https://dalberg1-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/zane_liepinlauska_dalberg_com/EWHJ2LgvLS5MoLirgtAuhVMBSzrOOqvuTPOQ9BfInxuQ6A?e=53aOCP :
- Download and save the excel workbook on your device
- Follow the assignment guidelines in the document
- Take a screen shot of your (3) answers and submit (copy + paste) in Word or PDF format together with the other above-mentioned documents. Note, all 3 tasks must be done for the application to be considered complete.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, background, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in several interviews to test multiple dimensions of their skill-base and to discuss interests and experience.
Owing to the large number of applications we receive, unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Dalberg Media values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We offer flexibility for work-life harmonization, incl. parental leave and flexible working options.
Dalberg has pledged to three commitments for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) across the firm:
COMMITMENT 1: We commit to publishing internal Dalberg DEI reports annually, to hold ourselves accountable, report on progress and share lessons from our regional DEI plans.
COMMITMENT 2: We commit to delivering regular training for all staff (including leadership) on how to engender inclusive workplaces and mitigate unconscious bias.
COMMITMENT 3: We commit to addressing imbalances in how power and privilege are formally distributed and informally exercised across the firm.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to reach out to us at Dalberg Media HR: Adriana.Sendila@dalberg.com