Work from Office
Role: Finance Executive
Experience: Minimum 3 years
Josh is on a mission to help people from underserved communities live high-quality lives by nurturing human talent with the power of technology. We started out in 2015, giving rural youth access to relatable role models in vernacular languages through the Josh Talks platform. Over the years, we have evolved to provide affordable employability-enhancing skills through our Android app, Josh Talks English Speaking App, to enable our users to achieve their dreams and fulfill their aspirations. Our best-in-class courses have generated strong user feedback with industry-leading course completion rates, unlocking employment opportunities for them.
As of March 2023, our content has accumulated over 2.5 billion lifetime views, averaging over 180 million monthly views across platforms. Josh Talks English Speaking App has more than 5 million downloads with over 300,000 paid users. To find out more information about our work, visit joshtalks.com
More information about our work can be found on www.joshtalks.com.
Awards & Recognition
Forbes India 2020: Most Powerful Self-Made Women (CEO Supriya Paul)
National Media Award 2019: President of India
Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia: Batch of 2018
In the Media
We are looking for a Finance Executive who can support our growth by engaging with multiple stakeholders, handling invoice and transaction processing, and ensuring proper maintenance of financial records.
The Job Role and Responsibilities
As a Finance Executive you will work with our Scholarships division by:
- Maintaining day to day financial records in Tally.
- Executing reconciliations for course purchases, refunds, collections, loan charges, and team compensation.
- Processing transactions in relation to refunds, team compensation, and collections.
- Preparing invoices to coaching institutes and verifying invoices received from relevant stakeholders.
- Managing collections and relevant documentation from subscription services provided to users and escalating any issues in collections.
- Maintaining records of payments and invoices in a systematic manner.
- Support in coordinating with the finance teams of partner coaching institutes.
Competencies and Skills Required
The major skills and competencies required for this role include:
- At least 3 years of experience in maintaining books of accounts and financial records.
- Proficiency in Tally, Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets to maintain data records and validate data.
- Knowledge of accounting standards, practices, and terminologies.
- Drive to meticulously maintain records, using indexed folders and proper naming conventions.
- Organization skills to calendarise collection dates, update collection records, and keep track of tasks.
- Preference to maintain digital records for customer interactions so they can be revisited later and structured follow-ups can be conducted.
- Speed and accuracy in making entries and maintaining records.
- Prior experience in maintaining books of accounts and financial records for a start-up.
This is a full-time role, based in our Gurgaon office. We actively seek teammates from diverse backgrounds and only hire extremely driven people.
The Josh team is composed of people who are ambitious and intend to create something that is bigger than themselves. Things that will last forever and will go on to impact and change the world. We have big dreams that are backed by our relentless pursuit to achieve them.
We like no-nonsense, get-shit-done kind of people and keep things simple. If you are super interested you can also write to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org