Work from Office
Hiring for leading Canadian financial services company.
The Financial Analyst will help support monthly expense ledger activity, preparing expenses summary, preparing credit and debit note, FTE reporting, vertical allocation, PBI Reporting through Bloomberg, PO creation, various reporting deliverables, playing a key role in the preparing monthly P&L, MIS reporting deck and providing ad-hoc expense related analysis.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in F&A and/or FP&A Role
- Strong financial analysis and model development skills
- Proven ability to partner and build relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven flexibility/adaptability/creativity to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Excellent PC skills, Role utilizes tools such as: MSOffice Suite, Oracle, Discoverer/Tableau
- Highly motivated with the ability to consistently seek out improvements to current processes
- Working in F&A environment and exposure to FP&A skill set as well
- Support the month-end reporting in ledger activity, expense summaries, ledger pull, P&L management, and expense management
- Investigate and effectively communicate expense variances against budget/forecast to business leaders, working closely with Business stakeholders.
- Prepare MIS summary for the leadership through Word Memo and PPT
- Provide accounting leadership on project spend, including calculating capitalization and amortization for various qualifying initiatives and maintaining supporting schedules
- Execute month-end close processes including accruals, expense transfers, and review of preliminary results for errors or unusual patterns in results
- Prepare monthly reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounts
- Analyze expense trends and recommend opportunities for savings
- On floor collaborate with other Finance areas to support and promote process integration and efficiencies
- Prepare or assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as required by management
- MBA in Finance /CA/CPA/CFA
- Thorough knowledge of Finance & Accounting processes
- Knowledge of Oracle general ledger, Planning systems, Discoverer, Hyperion and BI tools (Tableau)
- Numbers savvy and eye for details
- A doer, self-driven and highly motivated.
- Excellent MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint must) skills,
- VBA skills would be an added advantage (Preferred)
- Client first approach committed to quality deliverables and drive service improvements.
- Proactive and resilient. Flexibility in learning new topics, handling change and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in high-pressure situations. Flexible for extended hour working, as per business needs.
- Operates well in ambiguity and is resilient in changing situations
What is required to succeed in this role?
- Strong business acumen, technical financial acumen, and analytical skill set
- Ability to prioritize tasks and determine what is important and where value can be best added
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, and, may interface with members of leadership
- Learning ability, strong analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with opportunities and issues