Work from Office
- Position Summary :
- Our global operations, the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and introducing data and analytics products to facilitate investment decisions, improve operating efficiency, and monitor performance.
- The Business Intelligence and Data Management team is seeking a capable candidate with strong research, technical, and analytics skills for the position of Junior Data Scientist.
- The role is responsible for a wide range of data science and analytics related duties within the team.
- From conducting research, designing models, to implementing Big Data analytics products, the developer will play a pivotal role in all stages of the business intelligence process.
- Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop hypotheses on business problems and conduct hypothesis testing
- Design and build statistical and data science-based models for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics initiatives
- Choose the appropriate methodology, tools, and algorithm and then conduct hyper-parameter tuning for the chosen model
- Perform independent research using both internal and external sources and make recommendations to internal customers
Big Data Analytics
- Deploy and maintain data science related research reports and machine learning products using both on-prem and Azure-based services, such as Azure ML and Jupyter notebooks
- Assist with integrating data ingestion and storage processes such as through Azure Data Factory, logics/function apps, Azure SQL, and other similar services
- Process and query data using Azure Databricks, Azure ML Studio, and other similar services
- Assist other developers in building visuals such as Power BI dashboards to interpret results of developed models for internal customers
- Evaluate existing query design, data structure, and data quality to provide recommendations for improvement
- Communicate models and ideas to key stakeholders, including project sponsors and internal customers
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout the development process to understand different user stories and enhance models based on user feedback
- Act as a line of contact between the project team and stakeholders to ensure project remains in scope and stakeholders are fully up to date on developments
- University degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or another quantitative field. A Masters level qualification is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience with Python Analytics development, with special preference for programming proficiency in machine learning and statistical analysis
- 2-3 years of experience of working with SQL or big data tools such as PySpark or Hive
- 2-3 years of experience with Azure resources such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Function Apps, and Azure Databricks
- Experience with SAP ERP/BW/BPC suite, Power BI, Git/Azure Devops, and JIRA would be an asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite of office applications
- Innovative critical thinker with excellent problem-solving and research skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills