Work from Office
At Client, the Wealth Management Planning and Discovery development team is responsible for integrating with and extending a vendor-based financial planning tool. The system will be used by 19,000+ Financial Advisors to help clients in their financial planning needs. The system will also be integrated with various cloud and in-house applications to achieve the best users experience for the end users.
- Maintain a working knowledge of division results & key divisional business drivers, as well as an understanding of key strategies & priorities of their division, to be able to apply business knowledge to analytic approach to address business questions.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of data sets available to the analyst
- Extract, cleanse and transform data to support the needs of the analysis
- Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and outputs against known sources and understanding of business.
- Define business and data requirements for analytic deliverables, and serve as liaison with IDM process.
- Understand and apply basic descriptive statistical concepts
- Provide actionable insights to support business decisions, primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and scenario analysis, economic modeling and data visualization to identify patterns/trends/insights etc. on predefined problems
- Generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive story that clearly addresses business questions. Effectively communicate tailored messages regarding analytic ideas, approach, key takeaways and actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and manage business relationships with project team members and leaders across the organization.
- Consult with business owners to understand the business problem. Collaborate with others to identify the appropriate analytic approach to solve the problem.
- Support KPI and benchmark development.
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to processes and controls related to areas of responsibility.
- Quantify the impact of process improvement, propose solutions to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with support from leader.
- Interact with BI Tools to answer questions, build low to moderately complex visulizations and reports
- Ability to test and maintain BI products developed and follow BI governance process and procedures
Mandatory Skills Description:
- Bachelors Degree required with an emphasis in business, economics, math, engineering or analytics preferred (or relevant work experience).
- Experience interacting with database and file storage systems (Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Ability to use tools to access and transform data
- Some knowledge of statistical concepts and analytic techniques, including descriptive statistics, economic modeling, exploratory analysis, and variance analysis required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs
- Ability to use visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
- Strong analytical, critical and systems thinking required.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.