Work from Office
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will ensure that we comply with all local indirect taxes including VAT, GST, sales tax, and excise tax, among others. You will also ensure the timely filing of returns and payments, so we comply with local regulations and ensure the accurate and timely reporting of our financial statements. To succeed in this role, you must understand the accounting entries for these taxes and ensure we are accounting appropriately. In some cases, you may deal directly with local tax authorities to handle snap audits and to help prepare documentation to support them.
How You Will Contribute
- Support the indirect tax process including preparation of tax returns, processing of payments and filing. You will also execute or oversee the timely filing of returns and payments to ensure full compliance with local regulations. In addition, you will prepare monthly balance sheet and P&L reconciliation for indirect tax relevant accounts
- Support a strong controls and compliance environment within the Indirect Tax team and ensure full compliance with our AER policies. You will also ensure that we comply with all indirect tax local laws and regulations in your area of responsibility
- Implement efficient tax management strategies to optimize tax payments within the legal framework. You will also provide and interpret data from accounting records as required
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Indirect Tax team (Mondelēz International employees and Mondelēz International Business Services business partner). You will also invest in your personal development and contribute to the overall development of your peers and the AER team`
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in indirect taxes with deep subject matter knowledge and background in associated local GAAP, account analysis reporting and closing processes. Solid knowledge of local indirect tax regulation and laws. Solid knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and understanding of our business and finance beyond indirect tax scope
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including proven business partnering and communication skills across a multinational company. A team player with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify strategic opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
- GST Compliance - Managing Pan India indirect tax compliance involving filing of GST returns, filing refund, assessment, audit and representation to authorities
- Managing GST assessment/ audit - Manage GST assessments, queries and tax audits, including interface with tax authorities on relevant GST issues
- Automation in Compliances - Partnering with Tax technology team to ensure Tax applications and SAP is in sync with tax compliance requirements.
- Managing updates - Preparing status reports, internal updates, litigation trackers and related documentation
- Process change - Supporting leadership team on implementation of process changes necessitated by changes in tax laws.
- Support projects to improve efficiencies and improvements to ways of working and embrace a mindset of continuous improvement
- Simplication of processes in GST compliances
- Obtaining refund claims regarding GST refunds on exports
Qualification – CA with minimum 7 to 8 years of experience
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accounting & External Reporting