Work from Office
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions.
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other users/business metrics, in close partnership with Product and other subject areas such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Collaborate with applied scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines.
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to find opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Analyst, Sr. Data Analyst, or other types of data analysis-focused functions
- Excellent understanding of statistical principles backed by an academic foundation
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Experience with either Python or R for data analysis
- Proven track record to wrangle large datasets, extracting insights from data, and summarising learnings/takeaways.
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i. e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Proven aptitude toward Data Storytelling and Root Cause Analysis using data
- Ability to learn and adapt to new methodologies for data collection and analysis
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining quality and detail
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop junior team members
- Superb communication and organization skills
This job was posted by Nishanth Seshadri from Uber.