Work from Office
- Collect, organize, and analyze data related to product assortment, sales, and customer behavior.
- Utilize statistical models to predict trends and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work independently to find insights in support of price or assortment optimization questions.
- Develop reports and dashboards that communicate insights and findings to key stakeholders.
- Analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and trends.
- Lead store clustering analyses mining for similarities in customer profiles, geographic location, and market characteristics.
- Monitor item / location level sales to identify best-selling products / categories and potential assortment gaps by location.
- Stay current with business results, strategies, industry standards and best practices.
Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science / engineering / computer applications
- 1-3 years of experience in reporting and analysis / automation preferably in retail product or inventory management
Skills / Experience
- Strong skills in Excel and basic to advanced level proficiency of SQL.
- Hands-on experience with reporting tools (such as Snowflake, MicroStrategy, Tableau, or PowerBI)
- Experience in Excel, Excel-VBA and PowerPoint. Ability to automate insights / reports using Macros (SAS and Excel VBA) & other relevant technologies.
- Experience in working with large raw data sets and developing procedures to streamline data collection and management.
- Attention to detail with a focus on data hygiene.
- Collaborate with team members to integrate data sources, ensuring data integrity and consistency across the organization.
Degree in statistics and / or work experience in applied analytics
The Merchandise Analytics team in Bangalore, India will work with the Merchandise Planning and Assortment team located in Columbus, OH. The team is responsible for applying Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics and reporting on the product assortment including inventory positioning and assortment offering by location for the Victoria’s Secret Lingerie,
Pink and Victoria’s Secret Beauty brands. The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of Reporting/Data requests for the team. He / She will use several data sources and reporting techniques to interpret, analyze and develop reports to answer business questions and present findings that drive sales and increase profitability.