Work from Office
Senior Data Engineer
Years of Experience
12 pm – 9 pm
AutomotiveMastermind provides U.S. automotive dealers with AI/behavior prediction analytics software and marketing solutions that improve the vehicle purchase process and results. The company’s cloud-based technology helps dealers precisely predict automobile-buying behavior and automates the creation of microtargeted customer communications, leading to proven higher sales and more consistent customer retention. In 2017, we were acquired by IHS Markit.
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What Youll Do
You will be part of our Data Platform & Product Insights data engineering team. As part of this agile team, you will work in our cloud native environment to
- Build & support data ingestion and processing pipelines in cloud. This will entail extraction, load and transformation of ‘big data’ from a wide variety of sources, both batch & streaming, using latest data frameworks and technologies
- Partner with product team to assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements, ensure build out of Data Dictionaries/Data Catalogue and detailed documentation and knowledge around these data assets, metrics and KPIs.
- Warehouse this data, build data marts, data aggregations, metrics, KPIs, business logic that leads to actionable insights into our product efficacy, marketing platform, customer behaviour, retention etc.
- Build real-time monitoring dashboards and alerting systems.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in Big Data and Data Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of advanced SQL, data warehousing concepts and DataMart designing.
- Have strong programming skills in SQL, Python/ PySpark etc.
- Experience in design and development of data pipeline, ETL/ELT process on-premises/cloud.
- Experience in one of the Cloud providers – GCP, Azure, AWS.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience workflow management tools: Airflow, AWS data pipeline, Google Cloud Composer etc.
- Experience with Distributed Versioning Control environments such as GIT, Azure DevOps
- Building Docker images and fetch/promote and deploy to Production. Integrate Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments using terraform.
- Should be able to convert business queries into technical documentation.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Good to have some exposure to
- Exposure to any Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Dundas, Power BI etc.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What Youll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You cant do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)