Work from Office
Yara is the worlds largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, offering solutions for sustainable agriculture respecting the environment. Our fertilizers and our crop nutrition programs were designed to help the sector of food production and to meet the needs of a growing world population. Our products and solutions help industry reduce emissions, improve air quality and prioritize effective operations safely.
Yara Africa & Asia (YAA) produces, sells, distributes and markets fertilizers and industrial products across Asia Pacific and Africa regions, with offices location and operational units in 20 countries. The region employs over 1800 employees and has a long history in the Asian Pacific and African markets, focusing on develop crop nutrition concepts that increase food production and create value to the growers, in particular smallholder farmers, whilst minimizing environmental impact of agricultural activities.
YAA is currently undergoing a major transformation, aimed at shifting the existing business models, generating new revenue streams and ultimately delivering profit through new Farming Solutions related activities.
- Design and build data pipelines to collect, manage and store data across different solutions and tools where the data resides for the YAA teams.
- Organize and manage data of diverse types and variety of sources.
- Mentor junior members in the team by providing them with guidance and feedback on their work. - pair programming, code review, etc.
- Work with the Lead DE to implement standards and best practices.
- Take part in architectural reviews along with other senior members in the team and own architectural decisions with respect to solutions you deliver.
- Actively contribute to solving data problems for YAA needs.
- Enable downstream functionalities such as data analytics and business intelligence.
- At least 6+ years experience in data engineering or a data architect role.
- Hands on experience working on Cloud Infra (we use AWS)
- Hands on with Python (or any other programing language) & SQL.
- Hands on with the tools that we use Git, Jira, Docker, Airflow and Redshift
- Experience with Kubernetes and CI/CD
- Knowledge on IaC – Kubernetes, Helm charts and Terraform
- Excellent knowledge in database systems and data modelling and data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge in scalable application architecture
- Have a growth mindset and able to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Strong personal/professional interest in the LSM segments (developing countries, low-income markets, etc.) and agriculture in general.
- Aligned with our principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency.
- Experience using Customer Data Platform for data integrations is a plus.
We strive to reflect the diversity in society and encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.
Apply no later than