Work from Office
Reporting Solutions Developer
Seeking a transformative and high performing Individual to join in building out a new team in Finance Center of Expertise. Someone with advanced technical skills, lean minded, and a self-starter. Performs first level of Production Support. Performing analysis and design, write technical specifications, configuration, including testing and implementation.
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen first-hand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M[CK1]
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints.
- Negotiates and counsels at an advanced level with an audience which may not be knowledgeable in the subject area. Demonstrates solid persuasion skills and manages differing interests and perspectives
- Performs program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging and unit testing.
- Works with Agile Methodology and usage of tools like JIRA
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
- Partnering with business stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and presenting data in the right form for decision making
- Interpreting the data across various sources and bridging the gap on the technical and business fronts
- Solving problems that are related to data
- Modelling in multiple databases with varied data sets and building views for reporting
- IT Bachelor level university/college degree in IT related field.
- 5+ years relevant working experience in IT related field.
- Ability to troubleshoot, support and maintain the tools and projects handled by the team.
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies including Snowflake & Cloud-based data warehouses, SAP HANA / HANA studio, and Teradata
- Advanced SQL Scripting skills using various Data Type extension, Variables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Joins, Materializations, Modelling Language and Best Practices.
- Proficient in creating complex views using SAP/ERP data and custom data tables, and incorporating new datasets into existing views to create efficient data platforms.
- Familiar with ETL methodologies and tools.
- Strong business acumen: capable of understanding complex finance concepts, processes, and measures contained in user requirements documentation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Scrum ceremonies and software such as JIRA.
- Working knowledge of SAP FI/CO modules; understanding of finance process and data structure of the General Ledger, Material Costing, Spend, COPA, and Material Ledger
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Power BI.
- Experience with Power Platform technical solutions including Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Proficient with Power BI, creating complex measures using DAX, and Power BI data modelling.
- Experience working with Informatica and Alteryx ETL tools.
- Experience working with Python, interacting/training Machine Learning models.
- Exposure to other languages such as R, Java.
- Advanced Snowflake developer with experience using Snowpark for APIs, libraries and Machine Learning models.
Education and training required
- Bachelors, Masters or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or IT Related field.
- Ability to optimally engage with both business and technical teams.
- Excellent technical capabilities
- Flowcharting, process mapping, value stream mapping.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines, as well as global time zones.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/requirements under pressure.
- Self-motivated with curiosity; willing to continuously learn new systems, processes, and skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Must be detail oriented, self-directed and have strong independent problem-solving skills.
- Strong project leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of information technology opportunities and the ability to evaluate ideas and make proposals.
- Ability to multi-task is inherent in the job responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork skills are inherent in the job responsibilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Must be able to travel internationally if needed.