Audit & Control
Work from Office
Senior Manager – Risk Advisory Services – Internal Audit.
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract. You will be responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of governance, risk & compliance (GRC), internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures, enterprise risk management, revenue assurance, IFC, Clause 49 assistance.
Your key responsibilities
- Market leadership
- Drive the business development process on new & existing client engagements by gathering appropriate resources, gaining access to key contacts & supervising proposal preparation.
- Identify buyers, influencers & stakeholders in existing client engagements and build strong relationships.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling to current clients/introduce colleagues from other service lines.
- Assist Partners/Directors in driving the account management agenda by focusing on high impact opportunities.
- Create innovative insights for clients, adapts methods & practices to fit operational team needs & contributes to thought leadership documents.
- Contribute to new solution development.
- Conduct knowledge sharing discussions & contribute to EY thought leadership.
- Represent the firm in various industry conferences and associations - network with individuals, contribute to key discussion items and explore business opportunities.
- Service delivery related
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in industries such as IT/ITeS, telecom, services, manufacturing, retail & consumer products, financial services, insurance, health care etc.
- Plan & schedule client engagements. Determine and deploy the right team with adequate skill sets for executing engagements and periodically review status of engagements and work products.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Review compliance with internal quality & risk management guidelines.
- Review & package overall project findings into clear, concise & high quality work products and lead presentations at Audit Committee meetings.
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the clients business.
- Demonstrate subject-matter & industry expertise (deep understanding of the industry, emerging trends, issues/challenges, key players & leading practices).
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects & internal initiatives by leveraging on lessons learned from other projects.
- Monitor engagement economics & ensure timely billing of invoices & actively follow-up on collections by managers/seniors.
- People related
- Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
- Utilize technology & tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
- Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
- Conduct workshops and technical training sessions for team members. Contribute to the learning & development agenda and knowledge harnessing initiatives.
- Drive campus recruitment initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities.
- Build valued relationships with clients & internal peers.
- Responsible for overall client service delivery in accordance with EY quality guidelines & methodologies.
- Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
- Manage accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
- Create a positive learning culture, coaches, and counsels; and develop junior team members.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or master’s in business administration.
- A minimum of 8 years of post-qualification experience of relevant risk/internal audit experience
- Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) assessing internal controls frameworks, including testing of design and operational effectiveness. (b) developing risk remediation strategies. (c) performing and interpreting gap analysis (d) experience in Enterprise Resource Management and related risk analysis, process analytics, and business intelligence.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.