Work from Office
The Role: Specialist, Financial Accounting
Location: Hyderabad, India; Silver City 2 Building, Pasig City
Grade: (relevant for internal applicants only): 08
The Team: Be part of a global accounting team focused on achieving team and company objectives.
The Impact: This position will be assisting the Director Finance, Accounting COE as part of the S&P Global Corporate Controllers organization. The role will be responsible for tracking internal expenses across multiple business units at S&P Global. The candidate will perform general ledger control reconciliations and work closely with the Business Unit Finance / Corporate Controllers teams to complete the reconciliations meeting the reconciliation policy requirements. The candidate should be proactive in getting the reconciliation items cleared on a timely manner.
What Is In It For You
- Opportunity to be part of S&P Global, a growing global organization that powers the markets of the future.
- Be part of a global accounting team with exposure to U.S. GAAP and calculation of complex royalty agreements.
- To work in the latest cutting-edge technologies including our initiatives into automation and lean Six Sigma projects.
- Review of purchase orders, accounts payable invoice payment processing and tracking for both operating and capital projects
- Assist in the preparation of the accounting close and financial reporting including journal entries and balance sheet and operating statement account reconciliation
- Work closely with the Director Finance Accounting COE to achieve goals and execute on special projects
- Partner with business unit FP&A teams to maintain expense data and report drivers of variances to estimates
- Work closely with other team members across the S&P Global Corporate Controllers team.
- Use broader knowledge of financial principles and theories to continually improve processes.
- 4-6 years of accounting and reconciliation experience required.
- College level accounting degree preferred.
- Willingness to learn our new systems and legacy systems at a fast pace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required; the ability to interact and collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels of management and staff globally.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be assertive to follow up on resolving issues, ability to multi-task in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently, be accountable for processes/tasks performed, and understand when an issue should be elevated to management.
- Comfortable managing the delivery of high-quality outputs with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
- Experience with Oracle and the willingness to learn data management tools like Alteryx and Tableau
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 289857
Posted On: 2023-07-14
Location: Pasig City, Philippines