Work from Office
- Execute the day-to-day activities of Workday Financials project support for a variety of client contracts.
- Become a Workday Financials expert with deep knowledge of core functionality and future product direction.
- Lead an account which works directly with Client teams to deliver and manage the project with high quality deliverable, on time and within the budgeted hours.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Workday best practices.
- Conduct sessions with clients to analyze business requirements and provide solutions to complex business problems.
- Manage account communication with key client users.
- Coordinate operations meeting/requests and priorities and SLAs
- Become a Workday expert with deep knowledge of core functionality and future product direction.
- Mentor other consultants and actively share product knowledge with others to grow our practice.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors/College Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, preferably CPA.
- With Workday Financial Supplemental Certification is an advantage (Budget, Expense, Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to cash, etc.).
- Proficiency with business processes including: general ledger, budgeting, cash management, grant management, chart of accounts re-design, procure-to-pay, purchase order conversions, expense management, fixed asset management, and/or order-to-cash, required.
- Previous experience with other ERP Financials and/or Procurement technology (Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft) is an advantage.
- Strong consulting and presentation skills with the ability to effectively manage client expectations.
- Strong analytical mindset and usage of analytics and reporting tools.
Why Choose Collaborative?
- Open, transparent lines of communication with leadership through Town Halls, internal newsletters, and monthly small group conversations with a member of the executive team
- Established Employee Resources Groups (ERG’s) that provide a safe space for employees to build relationships, connect, and develop initiatives to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Generous paid time off, including balance days, flexible work arrangements, and options to work remotely or from an office (depending on your location) to cultivate personal and professional balance
- Committed to giving back to improve our communities and environmental impact
- Opportunities for learning and development through established corporate programs, on and off-site trainings, and on-demand online learning courses
- A people development focused environment where you have autonomy to drive your career path
Collaborative’s Travel Approach
- Throughout the pandemic, Collaborative continued to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in the ecosystem as we worked with our clients to successfully deliver projects remotely
- Because the future is still unknown, some clients will continue to be deployed remotely, while others may desire more face-to face-contact
- We will monitor and adapt as needed, but we do not anticipate travel of more than 25%
- As Balance is a core value at Collaborative, we strive to ensure that Collabies find the right balance in their personal and professional lives, and that includes travel
Who You Are
- You have a Growth Mindset: A belief that abilities can be developed along with a desire to be curious, learn & grow
- You take Initiative: Solve problems by thinking & taking action on solutions rather than waiting for direction
- You take Accountability: Follow through on commitments, take ownership & ensure timeliness
- You Give Back: Leverage your knowledge & expertise to make improvements around you
- You are Resilient: Work through challenges with optimism, agility & adaptability
- You demonstrate Awareness: An ability to understand how your attitudes & actions impact others and adapt your approach accordingly