Are you aspiring to embark on a career as a Data Analyst at Myntra, one of India's leading fashion e-commerce giants? We will guide you through the essential qualifications, skills, and interview process, providing valuable insights into the path to securing this dynamic role and the fascinating world of data analysis at Myntra.
Data Analyst at Myntra
First of all, it is mandatory to read the Job Description and understand the responsibilities of the role you are applying to get hired. This will help you to understand the company’s expectations of you.
As a data analyst at Myntra, your responsibilities include-
- Developing Excel, Google Sheets, and PowerBI templates and dashboards for operational and management reporting purposes.
- Applying statistical and analytical models and techniques to analyze data pertaining to customer initiatives and growth strategies. This includes identifying and diagnosing issues, dissecting problems, and monitoring the outcomes.
- Managing and sustaining the reporting system to ensure its continuous functionality and relevance.
- Extracting data in response to specific business requests for ad hoc analysis.
- Collaborating with the team to assist in data analysis and data mining efforts.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the business and its operations to identify and emphasize key leading indicators.
What Salary One Can Expect as a Data Analyst at Myntra?
As per the research, the lowest salary you can expect at Myntra as a Data Analyst is 3,76,496 which can go as high as a maximum 25,63,827 per year.
Otherwise, below are the salary ranges, one can expect as a Data Analyst in
Name of City
Average Salary Range (Annually )
3 Lakhs to 21 Lakhs
8 Lakhs to 12 Lakhs
5 Lakhs to 15 Lakhs
To qualify for a Data Analyst position at Myntra, candidates should possess one of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field from a well-regarded institution, along with a minimum of 2 years of experience in reporting or business intelligence systems.
- An MBA from a reputable institution, coupled with a minimum of 2 years of experience in reporting or business intelligence systems.
In addition to qualifications, the key skills sought for a Data Analyst role at Myntra are:
- Proficiency in database fundamentals and a proven track record in SQL - capable of translating any business need into an SQL query.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerBI.
- Hands-on experience with R, Python, Tableau, Qlikview, and Data Studio is highly valued, particularly if gained in a customer growth or customer analytics role.
- Demonstrated adaptability and a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- A collaborative team player comfortable engaging with individuals from various professional backgrounds.
The interview process at Myntra consists of the following rounds -
- Application and Resume Screening:
Candidates submit their applications online, which are then reviewed by HR or recruiters to confirm qualifications and experience.
- Technical Assessment:
Candidates complete a technical assessment, including data analysis and SQL exercises, to evaluate their technical skills.
- Technical Interviews
Shortlisted candidates engage in technical interviews covering experience, problem-solving, and proficiency in tools like Excel, PowerBI, R, and Python, with experienced data professionals.
- Case Study/Scenario-Based Interviews
Some candidates may be given a real-world data analysis problem or scenario and asked to walk the interviewers through their approach and methodology for solving it.
- Final Round Interviews:
In some cases, there may be a final round of interviews with senior team members or management to evaluate a candidate's strategic thinking and alignment with the company's goals.
Questions asked during the Interview
Q1. Create the pivot table, and sort the data in ascending order.
Ans. Here’s the answer
- Begin by selecting your data range, then navigate to the 'Insert' tab in Excel.
- Opt for 'PivotTable' and specify where you want to place it.
- Place your desired fields into the 'Rows' and 'Values' sections.
- To arrange the data in ascending order, click the dropdown arrow beside the field name within the pivot table and choose 'Sort A to Z'.
Q2. Use lookup with the product-based given data and find the needed data.
Ans. Here’s the answer -
- Employ a lookup function, such as VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH, to locate the required information within product-based data.
- Recognize the key or distinct identifier necessary to match the data accurately.
- Define the range or table containing the data.
- Retrieve the desired data by referencing the lookup value.
Q3. Output result number of rows basis the joins
Ans. Here’s the answer
- The number of rows in the resulting output is contingent upon the type of join applied.
- In an inner join, only the rows with matching values from both tables are returned.
- A left join includes all rows from the left table and the matching rows from the right table.
- A right join comprises all rows from the right table and the matching rows from the left table.
- A full outer join encompasses all rows from both tables.
- A cross-join produces the Cartesian product of both tables.
Q4. Output result number of rows basis the joins
Ans. Here is the answer -
- The question asks to output the number of rows based on joins.
- The number of rows in the output depends on the type of join used.
- Inner join only returns rows that have matching values in both tables.
- Left join returns all rows from the left table and matching rows from the right table.
- Right join returns all rows from the right table and matching rows from the left table.
- A full outer join returns all rows from both tables.
- Use the COUNT() function to count the number of rows in the output.
If you found this helpful, stay tuned for such content!